1.06.2010

Shutterboo Photo Challenge: Brown (catching up from last week)

Last week's photo challenge was "brown". To me, that means chocolate!!

My mother-in-law made these "unbaked" chocolate cookies. They are delicious!

Here's the recipe:

3 C rolled oats
1 C shredded coconut
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 C sugar
1/2 C milk
1/2 C butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix sugar, milk, & butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper until cool and hardened.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

oh, yum!!! thank you!
this was a reasonably good substitute post for a baby announcement! ;)

Tricia Orchard said...

Yum! My mom used to make something similar and I haven't had this in years! I will be trying this soon.

Thanks for posting.

Tricia